Full-time Chef Required at The Full Quart, Near Weston-super-Mare
A Traditional British Pub & Restaurant near Weston-super-Mare will require an experienced full-time chef from 22nd January 2018. The Full Quart is an independent family run traditional pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. The picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the home-cooked, daily specials, carvery and traditional pub-food on the diverse menu.
The Full Quart is a family friendly pub in the village of Hewish, close to Weston-Super-Mare. It is easily accessible and situated only just minutes from the M5 Weston-s-Mare junction 25. There is a large, free car park.
The Full Quart is a beautifully equipped pub, specialising in affordable family dining. The restaurant area has seating for 80 to 100 diners, with another 50 or so covers for guests to eat al fresco on the patio terrace in fine weather. The daily menu includes a range of popular pasta and salad dishes, traditional pub classics, as well as a selection of light bites.
All dishes are home-made and cooked with locally-sourced ingredients.
The ever-changing Daily Specials board is chosen and created by our head chef. All our specials are home-made and can include hearty dishes such as Turkey & Cranberry Pie, Pork & Cider Pie, Herb Crusted Cod, Sausage & Fried Onion Baguettes, Hot Pots and many more.
Sunday Carvery is extremely popular at The Full Quart and represents excellent value for money.
- A key position in the kitchen team, helping to ensure the smooth running of the daily kitchen activities.
- Planning and preparation for delivery of meals for restaurant service and Sunday Carvery
- Control of purchasing from nominated suppliers, ensuring adequate stock levels maintained at all times whilst monitoring stock rotation / storage etc
- Ensure quality of food, presentation and delivery within timescales
- Compliance with and maintenance of kitchen hygiene, health and safety
- Assist with development of new menu / seasonal specials and costings
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- A Proven track record and experience in preparing fresh food to high standards
- A passion and flair for cooking great home-cooked food
- Carvery cooking experience an advantage but not essential
- Be punctual and reliable
- Be a fantastic team player with the desire to develop yourself and those around them
- Be ambitious, focused and driven by customer satisfaction and results
The role is full-time, 5 days week, including weekends, evenings and Bank Holidays. Generous package for the right candidate with great prospects.
Please apply with CV to: Kristina@thefullquart.co.uk