Ellenborough Park is a 5* Country House Hotel on the outskirts of Cheltenham. The Hotel has 60 bedrooms, 60 cover Restaurant, Brasserie, Conference & Banqueting facilities and a Spa.
We require an enthusiastic and highly motivated experienced Chef to join our successful Kitchen Brigade. We have two dining areas, our 3AA Rosette Beaufort Dining Room, which provides an a la carte menu and The Brasserie.
Ellenborough Park employees make a difference to our guests by providing service which is friendly and professional. We hire motivated people and provide a safe and secure environment where staff are encouraged to gain skills and excel in their chosen career. We ensure that, while maintaining high levels of service, Ellenborough Park is a place where staff are contented and take pride and pleasure in their jobs. We offer a good work/life balance within an open and supportive environment.
Purpose of the job:
To assist the Executive Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef in the smooth running of the Kitchen and to ensure that all staff work effectively, optimising the efficient operation of the Kitchen.
- To attend daily meetings with the Head Chef and Senior Chefs.
- To attend meetings in the absence of the Executive Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef and liaise with other Heads of Department when required.
- To ensure that all food items are at the highest level possible as stated by the Executive Head Chef.
- To help the Executive Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef create a reputation of excellence for all food types.
- To carry out all reasonable requests from the Executive Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef.
- To ensure that all kitchen staff under your guidance are correctly dressed at all times.
- To ensure that all staff under your guidance are trained to effect good portion control.
- To ensure that all Kitchen Porters carry out their duties effectively.
- To ensure that time sheets are filled in by all staff under your guidance, signed by their Manager and handed into the Accounts Department at the stated time.
Stock Control and Security
- To help ensure that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, price and quality.
- To help ensure that all food and non-food items are stored in a secure area at all times.
- To help conduct regular stock takes.
- To help ensure that all purchase orders are checked against delivery notes.
- To help ensure that purchase orders are attached to invoices and forwarded to the Accounts Department.
Health & Safety
- To ensure that all staff under your guidance maintain their areas to a strict hygienic standard.
- To ensure that all areas under your control satisfy the most stringent hygiene requirements and that staff who are ill or injured, receive the correct treatment or are not allowed to work.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety forms are properly filled in at all times.
Any other duties as required.
Experience in a 2-3 rosette operation is preferred.
As part of our commitment to our people, Ellenborough Park is proud to offer a competitive Pay and Benefit plan, including:
· Training and development opportunities within an expanding company
· Uniforms and meals whilst on duty
If you would like an application form sent to you please call Alison Borley directly on 01242 545453.
Due to the level of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within two weeks please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.