Located on the shores of South Bank, the luxury London Marriott Hotel County Hall offers traditionally elegant accommodations with breathtaking views overlooking Big Ben and the River Thames. The envy of many historic hotels in London, the Marriott has been restored to showcase its beautiful architecture, from the towering bronze doors to the polished marbled floors.
Demi Chef de Partie Job Description:
To be capable of working in all sections of the kitchen (or a specific section) for a designated time, with the aim of running a section unsupervised. Ensuring food preparation, production, quality and presentation is maintained to agreed company SOPs and that guest satisfaction is maintained.
- Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1) To work as directed on station of assignment under appropriate supervision.
2) Set-up station properly and on time for each service period.
3) Make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by supervisor.
4) Make sure food quality and quantity is correct.
5) Make sure food is sent to correct area on time.
6) Notify supervisor of any problems or complaints when they arise.
7) Be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross-training when directed.
8) Be able to assist in same day prep and advance prep for another station as instructed by supervisor.
9) Be available to come to any and all kitchen meetings while on or off duty
10) Follow “Clean as you go” policy and keep work area clean at all times.
11) Do not leave kitchen without first seeing your supervisor to check your station.
12) All food items for storage must be covered with cling film, dated, labelled and initiated by person who make it or used it first.
13) Rotation of foods – OLD FIRST – NEWEST LAST.
14) After service, turn off and clean oven tops and work areas and reach-in boxes.
15) Any other request made by management including stooping, bending and lifting weights up to and including 30 pounds will normally be required.
16) Breaks and meals – two at 15 minutes and one 30 minute breaks for lunch or dinner, depending on hours of work.
17) If sick, report to or contact supervisor immediately.
18) Make sure production charts are closely followed and adhered to.
19) Fill out the appropriate cleaning, temperature charts on a daily basis.
20) Be aware of accident prevention and help enforce safe work conditions – ZERO ACCIDENTS IS OUR GOAL.
21) Follow all kitchen regulations as outlined and directed.
22) No associate to be on the property after working hours without authorization from a manager.
23) Time cards must be punched in and out.
24) Overtime will be paid upon manager’s approval.
25) Overtime will be approved as and when business levels demand.