Are you an experienced chef looking for a new challenge, or a younger chef looking for a step up in responsibility? Why not spend 6 months working in a multi-million pound chalet in France running your own kitchen and designing your own changing, bespoke menus.
Consensio has exciting opportunity for chefs to join the team working in some of the most luxurious chalets in the French Alps. Not only do we pay the highest salaries in the Alps but you will have the opportunity to cater for clients of very high net worth who are well connected around the world.
This role is challenging as we expect fine dining throughout from breakfast, to afternoon tea to formal evening meals but it is equally rewarding in terms of having the freedom to create your own menus, work with other professionals, have an exceedingly high tip potential and ski on your splits.
Check out our short brand video: http://vimeo.com/37169179
- tailored menu designing and planning for each group of guests
- preparation and service of breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés, five course evening meal, ski room snacks, pre-dinner nibbles and after dinner petit fours
- catering for all guests special dietary requirements
- catering for all requests for special occasions
- catering for children and nannies (including early lunches and dinners when required)
- maintaining food hygiene, general health & safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- keeping the kitchen clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- assisting with the management of chalet food budgets
- assisting with the maintenance of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- planning and preparation of 2 x staff meals per day
- assisting with FOH duties when required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
- recognised catering qualification or extensive experience
- previous 5* catering experience is essential. Chalet catering experience is desirable.
- good interpersonal skills
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- conversation French is desirable
- previous experience catering for Russian/French clientele helpful
- full UK clean driving license.
We are looking for the following key personal qualities and attributes:
- highly professional with a 5 star service mentality
- positive and flexible attitude
- proactive, work well under pressure with the ability to listen to clients requirements
- team player is essential
- well presented at all times
- self motivated
OUR SALARY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- A competitive salary
- A stunning work environment in the most luxurious chalets in unique locations in the Alps
- Excellent accommodation (shared) with some meals provided
- Transport to and from resort
- Winter travel and health insurance
- Free ski/board and boot hire
- Ski pass
- Ski Jacket
- End of Season Bonus
- Career progression with summer opportunities in our coastal villas in the summer months
Please send your CV to Ashley Babey, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
A COOK TEST IN LONDON FORMS PART OF YOUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDENT IN THE UK AND HAVE A NI NUMBER AND UK BANK ACCOUNT.