Award winning McBaile Exclusive Catering & Events www.mcbaile.com is a young, dynamic and motivated fresh food and private events company committed to delivering the highest quality of private and corporate event catering in the South West of England and Wales. We operate from the five star holiday resort Lower Mill Estate.
We are currently recruiting for a Chef de Partie level candidate to join our team for an exciting and diverse role within our restaurant, outside catering and private dining business.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a creative and passionate chef de partie professional to work within a team to deliver exceptional, real food to our restaurant in the Cotswold Water Park and on outside catering events as well as be a part of the wider private dining team. The successful applicant will work within the team and occasionally take charge of the kitchen and be responsible for delivering the best possible event catering and wholesome restaurant food. The position will be based at our Ballihoo Restaurant site, Lower Mill Estate, Somerford Keynes, near Cirencester. You will be working alongside our Executive chef and restaurant team. While there are light admin duties required, this is very much a hands on role and the opportunity to showcase your unique talents for food delivery rather than getting bogged down with paperwork…a fantastic opportunity to showcase your skills and learn from an incredibly diverse team and workload.
- Access to a top level restaurant and events to showcase your cooking and presentation skills
- Competitive salary- £18k dependent on experience + tips
- 48 hour work week – 5 days a week over 7 day rota – Weekend and evening work will be required
- A creative, dedicated and successful team who love food and hospitality and respect your talents and skill
- Excellent facilities and equipment
- Access to training, continual development and chance for progression through different areas of our business
- A true passion for food and willingness to learn everyday.
- A positive and upbeat personality with a “nothing is too much trouble” attitude. Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations is vital in this role.
- A passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience and an ability to relate to and get on with a wide range of personalities- this is very much a customer facing role!
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and deliver on often tight deadlines and budgetary constraints.
- A great personality with strong communication skills that is reliable, communicative and articulate.
- Attention to detail and an attitude of constantly striving to improve and succeed, whether that is on standards, efficiencies or personally.
- The ability to work alone but for the most of the time be an effective part of a team of chefs, kitchen porters and FOH staff.
- Flexibility and an attitude conducive to continual improvement and learning are key requirements of any candidate.
To apply please email CV and follow up with phone call to Rod McCormick on 07827777988 email firstname.lastname@example.org