Located on the shores of South Bank, the luxury London Marriott Hotel County Hall offers traditionally elegant accommodations with breathtaking views overlooking Big Ben and the River Thames. The envy of many historic hotels in London, the Marriott has been restored to showcase its beautiful architecture, from the towering bronze doors to the polished marbled floors.
Chef de Partie Job Description:
To provide an effective service in all food outlets for external and internal customers.
- Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Prepare, supervise and cook on assigned station of work.
- Oversee food production by commis chefs and demi chefs in the kitchen.
- Assist Sous Chef with taste panels and menu classes
- Discuss food production problems through with Sous Chef.
- Assist Sous Chef with menu planning, stock control and costing.
- Deputise in Sous Chef’s absence.
- Assist Sous Chef with departmental promotions and sales opportunities.
- Rotation of foods – First in First out (FIFO).
- Check quality of place and report any problems to the Sous Chef.
- Take on job training for 1st and 2nd Commis and Demi CDPs.
- Make sure production sheets (e.g. steak charts etc) are filled out and updated on a daily basis.
- Make sure all food items are sent to the correct area on time.
- Be able to work on other sections when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
- Attend all departmental meetings whether on or off duty (off duty will be paid).
- Follow the “Clean as you go” policy and keep work areas and fridges tidy at all times, and have a supervisor check before you leave.
- Ensure the 70-point checklist is being enforced and follow up on any areas likely to fall short of full marks with Exec Chef.
- Liaise with restaurant manager, supervisors and waiting staff as necessary in order to achieve high guest satisfaction.
- Take on any other reasonable made by the hotel management.
- Breaks and meals – as laid down in the staff handbook, 2×15 minutes and 1×30 minutes for lunch and dinner depending on hours of work.
- If sick, report to and contact kitchen manager on duty and then follow SSP procedure as laid down in the staff handbook.
- Fill out the appropriate cleaning charts, temperature charts etc on a daily basis.
- No associates to be on the property working hours without authorisation of the manager.
- Overtime will be approved as and when business levels demand.
- Follow all kitchen regulations as outlined and directed.
- Be aware of accident prevention and help enforce safe working conditions. Zero accidents are our goal.