An exciting Chef de Partie opportunity to work and develop your career under the leadership of Andrew Chan, Polurrian Bay Hotel’s Head Chef and Winner of South West Chef of the Year 2014. This role is central to supporting Andrew Chan our head chef along with a great team who have already received 1AA Rosette and are working towards their second this summer.
The team consistently produce great food where the emphases is on using seasonal local produce with an emphases on fish. Our food style is modern British with some classical references.
Who are we?
Polurrian Bay is a luxury family hotel perched on the cliffs of the Lizard Peninsula, the views and surrounding seaside is stunning and makes an idyllic place to work. Our 41 bedroom hotel is open throughout the year catering mainly for families in the school holidays and couples on leisure breaks throughout the year.
• Already have experience of successfully cooking at Chef de Partie level for a minimum of 1 year
• Enjoy being busy and can work well under pressure during service
• Want to work with a team of relaxed professionals in a stunning coastal location regularly cited as One of The Top Ten Best Places to Stay in Cornwall, The Times Top 100 UK Hotels
• Want to live the dream and make a life for yourself by the Cornish coast – we even have our own beach. If you are already based locally all the better
• Have experience of living/working in a remote location/have contacts/friends in the area, which is preferable but not essential.
• Are you a team Player
• Confident with a keen eye for detail
• Committed to good Food Hygiene and Health and Safety practices
• A glass half full rather than half empty sort of person
• Keen to develop a career in a unique and creative hotel company
• Flexibility to work 5 days out of 7, which will include weekends and bank holidays.
We already have a great team in place so if you feel you tick our boxes I would love to hear from you. You are the missing piece of our Kitchen jigsaw!
Staff benefits include;
•Competitive salary – £17,500 dependent on experience
•Excellent share of tips & service charge
•Fun working environment
•Use of hotel leisure club
•Discounted spa treatments
•Discounted stays at Luxury Family Hotel properties
•50% discount off Food & Beverage
•Internal transfers and career development within LFH Group
•Excellent training and development plan
•Meals on Duty
•28 days annual leave
•Uniforms on duty for customer face to face roles
•Onsite staff parking
• Live in / Staff accommodation
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, however on occasion, due to high number of applicants we may not be able to respond to all applicants therefore if you do not hear from us within two weeks you have been unsuccessful on this occasion but please continue to look at our careers pages for any future roles you may be suitable for.