To assist the Executive Chef in controlling the day to day running of the kitchen in the Chef’s absence and presence, maintaining and improving standards of cuisine, profitability, health and safety and hygiene within the guidelines of the company’s policy’s and procedures.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
• A Full Time position based at the Cardiff Marriott Hotel.
• Number of Direct Reports -4
• Previous Chef de Partie experience in very busy 4* or 5* outlet
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• People Management and organization skills
• Pro-active and reliable
• Able to work alone and within a team
• Flexible to work any shift including weekends, bank holidays and nights on occasions
Education or Certification
• NVQ Level 1&2 or its equivalent
• Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1. To work with the kitchen’s management team in respect of maintaining the company’s food safety control and systems within his/her sphere of responsibility.
2. To ensure the following records are taken at the required frequencies and copies filed correctly. All the daily records required by the Marriott standards in conjunction with HACCP.
3. He/she must ensure good stock rotation is maintained at all times and regular spot checks are done at random timings.
4. To ensure that all associates work stations are kept clean and tidy at all times and to report any pest infestations to the Executive Chef.
5. To assist the department in passing all hygiene assessments by Brand Standards and EHO, by adhering to the hygiene and cleaning schedules in place and effective use of kitchen porters and chefs in ensuring these standards, policies and procedures are kept in place
6. To assist the Executive Chef in ensuring that all kitchen associates and agency staff are fully trained in daily short takes, health and safety, and any additional relevant training that might be beneficial to their further development and that all relevant documentation is kept on file.
7. To assist the Executive Chef in ensuring that all compulsory training “in House” is fully attended by Kitchen associates and agency staff and that any relevant documentation is kept on file
8. To be fully responsibility for purchasing levels in the absence of the Executive Chef in relation to the business needs
9. To ensure that all food produced is to standard specification and fully understanding of GM foods and food allergies
10. To assist in compiling all menus and special requirements for all F&B outlets to the required specified standards.
11. To assist in costing menu items as necessary
12. To ensure all health and safety and security policies and procedures are adhered to
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
• Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
• Working hours as required to do your job including, mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends but normally not less than 40 hours per week.
• Maintain social distancing throughout the hotel, as per the guidelines from the government, wherever possible from colleagues and guests (distancing regulations will be in accordance with any government guidance).
• Wear all provided PPE instructed.
• Wash hands frequently or after each task following proper handwashing techniques. Sanitize hands on a regular basis during shifts