The ideal applicant for our Sous Chef position will be passionate, committed and enthusiastic with extensive food knowledge and cookery skills. The kitchen team is run under the guidance of Hywel Jones, Executive Chef, who supports and develops his team to ensure they achieve their career targets.
The success of our kitchens is based on the dedication of our Chefs and their motivation to succeed, develop and progress, which is encouraged throughout the brigade.
The Sous Chef is expected to be able to work across all sections of the kitchen, support the Head Chef as well as assist in developing the rest of the brigade by sharing knowledge and training new skills.
The ideal Sous Chef will:
- Currently be working as a Sous Chef/Junior Sous Chef in a comparable property – minimum 1 rosette, preferably 2
- Have extensive experience of working with the finest local produce
- Be able to demonstrate a good range of culinary skills and kitchen knowledge
- Be passionate about working to the highest standard
- Be keen to learn, progress and help to create the perfect customer experience
- Experience within a pressurised environment and be able to remain calm under pressure
- Be a team player and demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to learning
- Experience in training, leading and motivating a team
This is a full time role, working 48 hours a week over 5 days on a shift basis covering evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
To apply please forward a copy of your current CV for consideration.
In return for your dedication we offer you the following benefits:
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking
- Discounts on facilities and products including Spa (treatments and products), Cookery School, Equestrian Centre and dining throughout the property
- Preferential room rates for you and your family at Lucknam Park and other Relais and Chateaux hotels
- Long service awards
- Complimentary nights linked with length of service
- Full training, development and promotional possibilities
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service
Lucknam Park is unspoilt, country house living at its very best and one of England’s finest 5 star luxury Country House Hotels. We offer fine dining in ‘Restaurant Hywel Jones’ or a more relaxed meal in The Brasserie. We have extensive leisure facilities in our Spa and Equestrian Centre plus 500 acres of stunning parkland. Lucknam Park is a proud member of Relais & Châteaux and has been awarded a Michelin Star, AA 5 Red Stars and Visit Britain Gold Award.