Lucknam Park Hotel is recruiting for a Junior Sous Chef to join the team in the Michelin starred Park restaurant working under the guidance of Hywel Jones, Executive Chef, winner of the South West ‘Best Chef of the Year’ award in the recent Food Magazine Reader awards.
This role has become available due to an internal promotion within the team, the success of our kitchens is based on the dedication of our Chefs and their motivation to succeed, develop and progress, which is encouraged throughout the brigade.
Our Junior Sous Chef is expected to be able to work across all sections of the kitchen, support the Head Chef and Sous Chef as well as assist in developing the Chef de Parties and Commis in order to consistently deliver the quality of food expected by our guests.
The ideal Junior Sous Chef for our Michelin starred kitchen will:
- Currently be working as a Senior CDP/CDP in a comparable property – minimum 3 rosette, Michelin star experience would be a distinct advantage
- Have extensive experience of working with the finest local produce
- Be able to demonstrate a good range of culinary skills and kitchen knowledge
- Be passionate about working to the highest standard
- Be keen to learn, progress and help to create the perfect customer experience
- Have experience within a pressurised environment and be able to remain calm under pressure
- Be a team player and demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to learning
In addition to the criteria above in order to fulfil the Junior Sous Chef role you need to be an enthusiastic, dedicated and motivated Chef, if that is the case we would love to hear from you
This is a full time role, working 48 hours week, our aim is to achieve a 4 day working week, however shift patterns are dependent on business needs and therefore flexibility is required. We can offer temporary live in accommodation or assistance sourcing local accommodation.
In return for your dedication we offer you the following benefits:
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking
- Discounts on facilities and products including Spa (treatments and products), Cookery School, Equestrian Centre and dining throughout the property
- Preferential room rates for you and your family at Lucknam Park and other Relais and Chateaux hotels
- Long service awards
- Complimentary nights linked with length of service
- Full training, development and promotional possibilities
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service
Lucknam Park is unspoilt, country house living at its very best and one of England’s finest 5 star luxury Country House Hotels. We offer fine dining in The Park restaurant or a more relaxed meal in The Brasserie. We have extensive leisure facilities in our Spa and Equestrian Centre plus 500 acres of stunning parkland. Lucknam Park is a proud member of Relais & Châteaux and has been awarded a Michelin Star, AA 5 Red Stars and Visit Britain Gold Award.
To find out more about Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa and the Cookery School please take a look at our website – www.lucknampark.co.uk
To apply please forward a copy of your current CV to HR@lucknampark.co.uk