Cliveden’s story is one of over 350 years of powerful personalities, debaucherous parties and scandalous affairs. The Grade I listed stately home retains much of the grandeur from its days as a private house, but this is mixed with an approachable and open welcome that instantly puts you at ease. Set in 376 acres of National Trust grounds and a short distance from London, Cliveden remains an extraordinary 5 star hotel that has to be experienced.
Executive Head Chef – Cliveden House
Exceptional food is an essential ingredient of the Cliveden Experience and we are currently recruiting for a ‘hands-on’ Executive Chef who has the experience, aptitude and energy to successfully lead all of the food operations and associated teams to even greater success.
With restaurants ranging from the Cliveden Dining Room, to The Astor Grill and Spa Kitchen, and a strong banqueting business, this is a busy and complex role requiring a proven track record in running multi-outlet hotels, strong leadership skills and a desire and flair for creating modern and relevant dishes for Cliveden’s cosmopolitan guests.
Key objectives of the Executive Head Chef role:
- To take ownership of all food operations ensuring every area including services such as breakfast and staff food receive the attention they deserve
- Evolve the portfolio of menus with a particular focus on lighter, simple and plant based dishes whilst following the brief, yet being mindful of Cliveden’s heritage
- Create a happy and focused kitchen culture to maximise team retention, whilst motivating and developing the team with regular coffee chats and objective setting
- Deliver KPIs through clever menu engineering, efficient procurement and detailed food cost analysis
- Be an ambassador for Cliveden and it’s food offering, helping to ensure that Cliveden’s food stories are communicated through social media and in the press
- Become part of Cliveden’s high performing management team who relentlessly work together to continually exceed stakeholder expectations
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Private medical cover after probation period
- Enhanced pension after probation period
- Cashback healthcare cover after probation
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more…
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.